An unofficial trailer. Was fun to toss together.
A downloadable game for Windows
What is Powercity 9000?
Powercity 9000 is a casual simcity like game, where you can build your city freely. The game aimes to be a good city building simulator, but also a fun little game.
Feedback, chat and news
You can also leave feedback in the comments. All feedback is welcome!
- Creative mode, where you can build your city without limits.
- Population counter, so you can see how many people live in your city.
- Sound effects
- Cool isometric pixelart style & nice GUI (GUI currently not in the demo.)
- You can mod the game, so you can add buildings/objects/change textures.
- More objects
- Bug fixes
- More modding features (ex: object placement restriction)
- More coming each new update!
Planned features (Full version)
- Survival mode where you must survive by managing resources and keeping the population happy.
- Many more buildings/objects/tiles/...
- Good music and better sound effects
- [MAYBE] Different language support and custom language modding
- [MAYBE] a campaign mode where you can complete different levels by reaching a goal.
- [MAYBE+] a multiplayer/AI mode where you battle against someone else.
Is it free?
You can play alpha v1.3.1 and all the versions before that for free.
You can buy the game and support the devs. Buying the game gives you access to all the current versions, including future ones!
Can I support you?
You can support the developers of the game by buying the game, or via the patreon page.
Can I contact you for problems, questions, ...?
You can contact us on twitter, twitter, indiedb or email (email@example.com)
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.00 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Update on inactivity + current alpha v1.3.3 changes 2 days ago
- New main menu design. 19 days ago
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Not bad for a pre-alpha. Look forward to seeing more content added!
Thanks for posting this here! As I've said before: nice video!
v1 closes if i try to do anything other than grass v1.1 v1.2 and v1.2.1 even doesnt start at all. I have zero idea why.
Sorry for your problem! Follow these steps for a possible fix:
- Look if your antivirus is not blocking the game/ deleting files.
- Redownload the game
- Are you on windows?
- Reply to this comment or PM me on twitter.
I'm happy to help! Let's hope that it's not a big problem...
I don't know about the alpha v1 problem. That's an old version and it can contain some crashing bugs/problems.
v1 and pre-alpha are the only versions even launching. v1 crashes though. I reinstalled v1.2.1 and for some reason it created a report i sent it at github under alias darksilence1987
I don't have github, and my game doesn't create reports, so I don't know how you got the report....
Do you have twitter? You can PM me, because it's easier to talk about it there.
It's a very weird problem that you have, and I just checked alpha v1.2.1 again and it seems fine. Do you know what created the report? Can you send me a link to the github post?
EDIT 2 (EDIT 1 deleted): I found your github post, I found out that the itch.io app created the report, and I can see weird errors in the report. I tried the game on the itch.io app and it works fine. I'll try to solve your problem. I think it has to do something with XNA.
Xhite, do you still have the crash? If yes, contact me on twitter and I'll send you an installer & see if that works.
EDIT: You can download the latest version (alpha v1.3.1) for an installer.
i like the game but i think it would be 10x better if you added ai like cars driving and people walking
That's a future idea for a feature that I'm already working on :)
The next version will have people with a walking animation/cycle.
Glad you like it and thanks for the feedback!
Feel free to leave feedback for me in the comments!